Welcome to my world of beautiful Queen Anne Style Wooden Dolls. I have been making dolls for many years. My recent creations have been wooden dolls inspired by antique wooden Queen Anne dolls from around 1680 to early 1800s. All my dolls hand carved from the wood and dressed on hand stitched costumes of this period.

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
ARTDOMART@YAHOO.COM

Monday, March 3, 2014

William and Mary period wooden doll reproduction

I am working on my new doll . This is my version of early Williams and Mary period wooden dolls. I am very like this style dolls with nice face and Mona Lisa smile. My doll will be 21" tall .
The eye brows and eye lashes were painted as tiny lines. She has  highly rouged cheeks. The large black spots on the faces emulate "beauty spots" which were fake moles that women applied to their skin - the height of fashion at the times. She will be dressed on 17 century period costume.


1 comment: